Children ages 4-14 are invited to participate in Gulfport's new youth football league. Home games will take place in Pinellas County, and the season starts on Aug. 25th. Practice begins in June, so that the kids can get in game shape.
A cheerleading program is being offered through the new league.
The Gulfport Pirates are accepting registration materials and deposits from interested parties. Parents can visit the Pirates online to download the registration packet.
Volunteers are also invited to contact the Gulfport Pirates at (727)266-2207, as assistance will be needed in a variety of areas. Parents can also use this number to schedule a pick up time for completed registration packets.
Here's a rundown of the league's options:
- Flag Football (ages 4-6): $80
- Tackle Football (ages 7-14): $120 and personalized jerseys are included
- Cheerleading (ages 4-14): $160 and includes uniform rental and bow-to-toe cheer kit (which can be kept after the season)
Documents needed for registration:
- Child's original birth certificate
- Two, current color photos (no larger than 2x2)
- Parent or guardian must be present with valid photo ID
- 2012 dated physical (due before the first day of practice)
- Payment in the form of cash, check, money order or credit card
Where and when to register:
- Where- South Branch Library at 2300 Roy Hanna Dr. S.
- When- Thursday, March 22 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. or Tuesday, March 27 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.