You better bring an extra penny if you plan on using an old stamp.
The U.S. Post Office increased the price to mail a one-ounce letter from 45 cents to 46 cents this week.
However, the cost for letters weighing more than one ounce will stay the same, at 20 cents for each additional ounce. Letters under one ounce mailed anywhere internationally will cost $1.10 and postcard stamps will also see a one-cent increase, from 32 cents to 33 cents.
Highlights of the new single-piece First-Class Mail pricing, effective Jan. 27, 2013 include:
- Letters (1oz.) — 1-cent increase to 46 cents
- Letters additional ounces — unchanged at 20 cents
- Letters to all international destinations (1oz.) — $1.10
- Postcards — 1-cent increase to 33 cents
New domestic retail pricing for Priority Mail Flat Rate products include:
- Small box — $5.80
- Medium box — $12.35
- Large box — $16.85
- Large APO/FPO box — $14.85
- Regular envelope — $5.60
- Legal envelope — $5.75
- Padded envelope — $5.95
Sign up for the free Gulfport Patch email newsletter for more local headlines and updates about your community!