How are you spending the first day of 2013? Head to the beach, see a movie or even get a headstart on those resolutions by hitting the trails - all Pinellas County Parks will be open. And so will the parks in Gulfport!
However, you might want to take note of who's closed on New Year's Day.
Closed in Gulfport
In observance of the holiday several government offices will be closed including the following in Gulfport:
- City Hall
- Public Library
- Recreation Center
- Senior Center
Sanitation pick-ups scheduled for Tuesday will be rescheduled to Wednesday, January 2. There will be no Wednesday yard waste pick up on January 2.
The regular City Council meeting will be held on Thursday, Jan. 3 at 7 p.m. - instead of it's usual date and time, which is the first and third Tuesday of the month.
The Tuesday Fresh Market has been canceled due to the holiday and will be up and running next Tuesday, Jan. 9 at 9 a.m. on Beach Boulevard. For up to date information check out the Tuesday Fresh Market on Facebook.
Closed in Pinellas County
The following closings are listed on the Pinellas County Government website.
- Pinellas County government offices will be closed on Monday, Dec. 31, and Tuesday, Jan. 1, in observance of the 2013 New Year holiday.
- The courts of the Sixth Judicial Circuit (Pinellas and Pasco) will not be in session on Monday, Dec. 31 and Tuesday, Jan. 1, except for first-appearance advisory hearings and emergency situations.
- The Solid Waste Administration Building and HEC3 will be closed on Monday, Dec. 31, and Tuesday, Jan. 1. The scalehouse/landfill will be closed on Tuesday, Jan. 1, and will reopen at its regular time on Wednesday, Jan. 2, at 6 a.m.
- The Florida Botanical Gardens and all county parks will remain open.
- Annual beach and boat ramp parking permits will not be available for sale on Monday, Dec. 31, and Tuesday, Jan. 1, as the administrative offices of Parks and Conservation Resources will be closed.
- The Environmental Education Center at Brooker Creek Preserve, the Cultural and Natural History Center at Weedon Island Preserve and Heritage Village will be closed on Monday, Dec. 31, and Tuesday, Jan. 1.
- The offices and adoption center at Pinellas County Animal Services will be closed on Monday, Dec. 31, and Tuesday, Jan. 1.
- All Pinellas County facilities will resume regular hours of operation on Wednesday, Jan. 2.