.

House Fire Leaves Four Homeless

Investigators believe that the early morning fire started from an overloaded electric circuit powering Citizens Band radios.

Four adults are homeless today after an overloaded electirc circuit sparked a house fire at 4651 19th Ave. South.

Desmond Burgess said that he and his family were at home watching TV when the fire broke out at the back of the house.

St. Petersburg and Gulfport firefighters responded to a call at 8:36 a.m. The back portion of the house was completely engulfed in flames when they arrived on the scene.

No one was injured. Fire investigators believe that the fire started due to an over loaded electrical cord that Burgess used to power his Citizens Band radios.

The damage estimates were between $35 and $50,000.

Progress Energy disconnected the power to the structure. There were no working smoke alarms to the home. Red Cross assisted with the relocation of the adult residents.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »