Gulfport Police Chief Rob Vincent has been elected president of the Tampa Bay Area Chiefs of Police Association, the organization announced Thursday.
Judge J. Thomas McGrady, Chief Judge for Florida's sixth circuit,
presided over the swearing-in of the 2013 officers and board members.
The association represents law enforcement administrators in seven bay area counties.
Chief Vincent, in a speech to the membership, highlighted the distinguished history of the association spanning 60 years.
One of his goals is to tap existing resources from members to expand the influence of the organization in Florida.
Other members elected to the board of directors:
- Vice President: Chief Ken Albano, Temple Terrace
- Secretary/Treasurer: Chief Ray Velboom, Dade City
- Immediate Past President: Assistant Federal Security Director Greg Mertz, TSA Tampa Airport
- Mark Ober, State Attorney for Hillsborough County;
- Chief Dorene Thomas, Pinellas Park
- Chief Tom Longo, University of South Florida Police
- Chief Anthony Holloway, Clearwater
- Chief Bob Kochen, Tarpon Springs
- Colonel Greg Brown, Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office
- Assistant Chief John Bennett, Tampa