1) Have you thought about learning the "Lindy Hop" tonight at the Gulfport Casino Ballroom at 6 p.m. Lessons are $7 per person. Did you know the "Lindy Hop" is named after Charles Lindbergh's Atlantic crossing in 1927?
2) Pinellas County Utilities is warning residents about water scams. According to the press release on the Pinellas County Government website, at least one company is calling it a "public awareness program". Officials say these companies are contacting residents and recommending a water test to be conducted the home. They then use scare tactics and misrepresentation to sell a water treatment product. If you are approached about water quality and would like information please call (727) 464-4000. To investigate a company's past business history or performance, contact the Pinellas County Department of Consumer Protection at (727) 464-6200.
3. Officials are looking for a person seen leaving an early morning fire on Tuesday, June 7, 2011 in Gulfport. Check out our full story. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Non-Emergency Line at (727) 727-893-1030.
4. If you want to take part in the "Growing Greener" event on Saturday, June 18th at the Gulfport Casino Ballroom contact Crea @ 727-557-5572 or write email@example.com. Officials are looking for vendors.
5. Here is your Wednesday forecast! Looks like we have a 20% chance of isolated showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. Otherwise it'll be mostly sunny with a high near 91. Expect a north northeast wind between 9 and 13 mph. Tonight, we have a 20% chance of isolated showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Otherwise, it'll be partly cloudy with a low around 77. Expect a north northeast wind between 11 and 18 mph with gusts as high as 25 mph.