1) The kicks off today at 8 a.m.! There are events for the entire family including a fishing derby, sand sculpture contest, parade and fireworks.
2) The ! Meet Jim and Bonnie Par and say "hi" to the Rand McNally USA Today Road Rally Team. The couple is in town judging if Gulfport is the best small town in American for food.
3) If you decide to lit sparklers or other small ground fireworks, check out with safety information from the Gulfport Fire Chief before lighting the fuse.
4) Looking for other events today? Check out our events calendar.
5) Here is your Fourth of July forecast! We have a 30% chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. Otherwise, it'll be mostly sunny with a high near 88. Expect an east wind between 6 and 9 mph. Tonight, we have a 30% chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8 p.m. Otherwise, it'll be partly cloudy with a low around 80. Expect a north wind 7 to 11 mph becoming east.