Patch has partnered with Localshops1 to offer an evening of social media power tips geared to small businesses from local experts plus great appetizers and entertainment.
The Ultimate Social Media Marketing Extravaganza and Business Expo is July 12 from 6-9 p.m. at the St. Petersburg Pier and includes some well-known local special guests as well as great food from Bowled Restaurant's Michael Cecere. The cost is only $10 per person and free to LocalShops1 members.
Register now to reserve your seat; tickets include seating to hear our panel of experts and keynote speaker, appetizers from Bowled and other local vendors, and free one-on-one advice with social media experts.
Hot topics will include business websites, Facebook, Twitter and blogging!
Enjoy the beautiful waterfront view, casual conversations, appetizers, gift give-aways, raffles and a cash bar. If you haven't stopped by the Pier in a while, this may be your last visit, as the city moves to demolish the building and make room for a more modern replacement.
Oh yeah, we'll offer one-on-one help with your website. What is your site's performance and how can you improve it? Talk to the experts.
Our panelists will offer useful Power Tips. The panelists include:
- Linda Hersey, Associate Regional Patch Editor, and Cherlene Willis, Local Editor, talk about how social media can drive consumers to your organization and keep your most loyal customers happy.
- Jon LaBudde, owner of Jonny Reno's restaurant and publisher of "Blasts From the 'Burg" e-newsletter on email marketing.
- Michele Northrup, a.k.a., Saucy Queen, founder of Intensity Academy. Gourmet Sauces, on how social media helped to grown her business.
- Ebony Grimsley, founder of Above Promotions in Tampa.
- Mo Venouziou, Vice President of LocalShops1.com.
- Blogger Gene "Doc" Webb, on the power of the virtual word.
Michael Cecere owns the restuarant Bowled in St. Pete. Cecere will share his personal story of how an outpouring of support via social media kept him going when he was ready to shut down.
You're encouraged to register for the event as seats are limited. You may register online through LocalShops1.com.
Early-bird registration now through June 30: Free for LocalShops1 members and Pier tenants, $10 for everyone else.
After June 30: $10 for LocalShops1 members and Pier tenants, $20 for everyone else.
At the door: $25 if seats are available, $20 otherwise for standing-room. A portion of the proceeds from the cash bar will benefit the Downtown Business Association.