From Carmen Miranda to Sonny and Cher, the starts were out in Gulfport Saturday night. The fourth annual Geckoball, known as Geckowood this year, drew more than 150 partygoers and helped raise more than $2,800 for the Gulfport Merchant Association's public art initiative.
In all, eight geckos were auctioned off and sold for $2,865.
A portion of proceeds from the Gecko Ball and Gecko Fest will benefit additional public art installations in Gulfport’s Waterfront District, adding to the two art installations on Beach Blvd. funded from last year’s events. For more information, contact Daniel Hodge at 727-366-4086 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the Artists
- Peter Janus: email@example.com or (727) 656-3395
- Derrick Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frank Strunk III: www.frankstrunk.com
- Mary Joyner: www.maryjoyner.com
- Linda Worsham: email@example.com
- Jonathan Schork: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victoria Wenners: www.facebook.com/victoryhenna
- Owen Pach: Owenpachglass@gmail.com
Do you have photos from the big event? Upload them on this photo gallery and share them with your neighbors on Gulfport Patch!