Looking for a reason to finish that book you checked out from your local library?
In honor of International Literacy Day on Sunday, Park Manager Peter Krulder recently announced that state park officials are waiving park admission for anyone who presents the following at the front gate:
- A valid library card
- A book checked out from the library
- A donation of a new or used, family-friendly book
But if you're making a book donation, "none of that 'Fifty Shades of Grey'," he said to a large, chuckling audience at a Friends of the Island Parks meeting in August.
Below are the participating state parks in the Tampa Bay area:
- Alafia River State Park, 14326 South County Rd. 39, Lithia
- Honeymoon Island State Park, #1 Causeway Blvd., Dunedin
- Caladesi Island State Park, #1 Causeway Blvd., Dunedin
- Egmont Key, #1 Causeway Blvd., Dunedin
- Fort Foster State Historic Site, 15402 US 301 N., Thonotosassa
- Gamble Plantation Historic State Park, 3708 Patten Ave., Ellenton
- Highlands Hammock State Park, 5931 Hammock Rd., Sebring
- Hillsborough River State Park, 15402 U.S. 301 N., Thonotosassa
- Myakka River State Park, 13208 State Rd. 72, Sarasota
For a complete list of Florida's state parks visit this website.