Gulfport's end of summer celebration kicks off on Saturday, August 31!
Here's what you need to know about the highly anticipated annual celebration in Gulfport. We'll tell you where to park, where to get cash and where the restrooms will be during Geckofest.
The 13th Annual Geckofest is expected to lure 30,000 people to the city on Saturday Sept. 1. The all day free event features food, art, live music, kids events, a parade and street dance. Here's what you need to know if you plan on coming to the event.
- Where: Downtown Gulfport on Beach Blvd.
- When: Saturday, August 31, 2013
- Time: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Price: Free
Parking: Take a look at the parking map provided by the City of Gulfport. Feel free to print the map before you head out! This map shows:
- Free parking areas
- Free trolley route (Free trolley service 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. day of the event) Park anywhere in the trolley route and catch a free ride by waving down the trolley.
- Gulfport Marina service will be provided at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. with the last drop at 9:45 p.m.
- Free off-site parking (Park and wave down the trolley for a free ride to Beach Blvd.)
- Gulfport Senior Center, 5501 27th Ave S.
- Catherine Hickman Theater, 5501 27th Ave S.
- Chase Park- Parking behind the Gulfport Historical Museum, 5301 28th Ave S.
- Hoyt Field, 5690 - 23rd Ave S.
- Gulfport Recreation Center, 5730 Shore Blvd. S.
- Wood Ibis Park, 58th St. & 28th Ave S.
- Little League Complex, 55th St. & 19th Ave S.
- 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. - Live entertainment on two stages.
- 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Birthday Party & Cake for Tiki Bike
- 6 p.m.- Walking Parade, meet outside The Gulfport Casino Ballroom at 5:30 p.m.
- 6:30 p.m. - Costume contest for all ages.
- 8 p.m.- Street Dance
North Music Stage
10 a.m. - Joel & Dakota
12 p.m. - Rose Island Band
2 p.m. - Gabe Whitney & The Noisemaker's Featuring Drain The Ocean
4:30 p.m. - Gulfport Swamp Opera
6:30 p.m. - Competitive Edge Dance Academy
8 p.m. - Nervous Energy Band
North Buskers Circle
11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Dallas The Fire Guy
Center Buskers Circle
10 a.m. - K.T. Scott on Bagpipes
11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 5:15 p.m., 7:15 p.m. - Anton James
2 p.m., 4 p.m., 6:30 p.m., - Wacky Chad
12 p.m., 3 p.m., 4:45 p.m., - The Live Mermaid Exhibit
9 p.m. - Mayem's Fire Show Finale
South Buskers Circle
11 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 5 p.m. - McCandless Aerial
11:45 a.m., 1:15 p.m., 2:45 p.m., 4:15 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. - H.M. Entertainment Breakdancers
South Music Stage
10 a.m. - The Wrenchers
12 p.m. - Paul Anthony
2 p.m. - Bing Futch
3:45 p.m. - Competitive Edge Dance Academy
5 p.m. - Tropical Disturbance
6 p.m. - Mayor Henderson announces Parade
6:30 p.m. Costume Contest
8 p.m. Urban Gypsies of Florida
* Schedule Subject to change
- The Live Mermaid Exhibit at 12, 3 and 4:45 p.m.
- Children's bungee jump ride
- Street Performers
- Face Painting
Costume Contest: (6:30 p.m.) Win prizes during the parade!
- Best Themed Costume (for children & adults)
- Best Overall (for children & adults)
ATM Machines: They will be located at the following areas:
- Outside the Gulfport Casino Ballroom, 5500 Shore Blvd. S.
- Beach Blvd. & 29th Ave S.
- Beach Blvd. & 30th Ave S.
- Beach Blvd. & 31st Ave S.
Public Restrooms: Permanent restrooms are connected, outside, to the Gulfport Casino Ballroom, 5500 Shore Blvd. S. There are also permanent restrooms at the beach. There will be portable restrooms on Beach Blvd. & 29th Ave S.
Share Your Experience: Send us your photos and we'll publish them on Gulfport Patch. Attach them to this story or email them to the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.