The 12th Annual Geckofest is the premier event in this week's Patch Minute. The free end-of-summer festival is expected to lure 30,000 people to Gulfport. Mayor Mike Yakes is excited about the big event and hopes everyone can make it on Saturday, Sept. 1. Watch our video interview to hear from Mayor Yakes about the much-anticipated annual event.
The 12th Annual Geckofest will feature three entertainment stages, a walking parade, street dance and plenty of street performers. Plus, there will be dozens of local vendors including Patch.com. Stop by our booth and say "hi!"
The event is from 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. on Beach Boulevard. We've attached a map of the free parking areas including the Gulfport Trolley Stops around town.
Check out the complete schedule:
Gecko Fest Schedule:
10: a.m.: Opening of new electric car station on Shore Boulevard near the Gulfport Casino Ballroom, 5500 Shore Blvd. S.
Main Stage in front of Gulfport Casino, 5500 Shore Blvd. S.:
- 10-11:30am: Joel and Dakota
- Noon-1:30pm: Tropical Disturbance
- 2-3:30: Bing Futch
- 4-5:30: Circle Four
- 5:30: Parade Staging by Dive
- 6:00: Walking Parade begins
- 6-7:30: Paul Anthony
- 6:30: Costume Contest at Main Stage
- 8-10: Urban Gypsies
- 8:45: Fire Show on 31st and Beach Blvd
30th and Beach Blvd. Stage:
- 10 am-1:30pm: Noisemakers and Gabe Whitney
- 2-3:30pm: The Wrenchers
- 4-5:30: Casey Allen
- 6-7:20: The Impacs
Art Village Courtyard Stage:
- 1:30pm: Noisemakers and Gabe Whitney
- 2:30: Jimbo Talbot Drum Quest
- 4:00: Ybor City Buskers and Friends
- 6:00: Gulfport Ramblers
For more information contact Suzanne King at (727) 322-5217 and check out the event's official website at www.GeckoFest.com.