In this next selection of blogs I hope to introduce you to the many and varied non-profit organizations in Gulfport and their leaders. This week, I'm introducing you to the Gulfport Merchants Association.
Gulfport Merchants Association (GMA)
The Mission of the Gulfport Merchants Association is to promote and support the Waterfront District Business community located on Beach and Shore Boulevards and the extended mixed use areas. All promotion and activity is in cooperation with the City of Gulfport and the surrounding community of business and residences.
The GMA utilizes all media sources, special events, First Friday, Third Saturday, Tuesday and Fourth Saturdays to create an attractive atmosphere of commerce for locals and visitors always striving to bring new people to Gulfport. In addition to promoting businesses the GMA embraces and supports the artists within our community by promoting, displaying and retailing local artist work in our restaurants and retail locations. As a civic non-profit 501 c 6 we strive to have a positive impact on the entire community of Gulfport.
Board of Directors:
- President: Mike McCue, Domain Home Accessories
- Vice President: Owen Pach, Owen Pach Glass and sculpture
- Treasurer: Karen Lanigan, Karen’s Gulfport Florist
- Secretary: Lori Rosso, Sea Breeze Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn
- Director: Mike Knettle, Domain Home Accessories
- Director: Suzanne King, SIK Promotions
- Director: Linda Craig, Perfect 10 Nail Salon
- Director: Denise Wachlalec, Bo-Tiki
- Director: Cindi Stephens, Country Harvest
Board meeting first Monday of the month at 5:30 p.m and rotates
General meeting second Monday of the month at 5:30 p.m. and rotates
- Art Walk first Friday and third Saturday of each month
- Tuesday Fresh Market
- Gecko Pub Crawl
- Holiday Hoopla
- Get Rescued