GET OUT: Weekend Events Preview June 30 - July 3
With a variety of entertainment venues and restaurants in the area, there's no reason to spend the weekend at home.
It’s Thursday, and the weekend’s just around the corner. If you’re still stumped on what to do, we’ve got some great ideas.
- Where: Gulfport Casino Ballroom, 5500 Shore Blvd.
- When: Thursday, June 30, 2011
- Time: 7 p.m.
- Why Go: Learn how to salsa with Carol Rivera. Then follow the lesson with a dance.
- Price:$7 per person
- Where: Beach Blvd.
- When: Friday July 1, 2011
- Time: 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Why Go: Preview and purchase the work of over 50 artists and crafters, as well as authors, antique dealers and entertainers stretched over a half-mile up and down scenic Beach Blvd.
- Price: Free
- Where: St. Petersburg Pier, 800 2nd Ave NE, St. Petersburg
- When: Saturday July 2, 2011
- Time: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Why Go: Bay Area International Latin Events presents free salsa dancing weekly in the courtyard of The Pier. Come for a free "Intro to Salsa" group class from 4:30pm to 5pm, then enjoy the weather, the view, music, dancing, and socializing.
- Price: Free
- Where: 1 Tropicana Dr., St. Petersburg (Tropicana Field)
- When: Sunday, July 3, 2011
- Time: Game start 1:40 p.m.
- Why Go: Buy a ticket to the Rays game and watch a concert following the game. The game begins at 1:40 p.m.
- Price: Starting at $22.50